HR’s Guide to End-of-the-Year Performance Reviews
As 2023 approaches, so do important year-end tasks for HR teams. In addition to keeping up with key payroll dates and compliance regulations, the end of the year is also a perfect time for companies to conduct performance reviews.
From quality of work to productivity, performance reviews recognize your employees’ accomplishments and areas of improvement. Although you should be tracking your employees' performance throughout the year, conducting formal end-of-the-year reviews enables you to measure their year-over-year growth.
When conducting these performance reviews, consider ditching the generic review template and customizing them. By using company-specific metrics, conducting 360-degree reviews, and asking questions about your core values, you can collect feedback that is meaningful and specific to your company.
Not sure where to start? Here are some example questions:
For Manager Reviews
- What were the employees’ 3 biggest accomplishments this year, and how did they impact your team and overall company?
- How has the employee exemplified our core values in 2022?
- Does the employee demonstrate leadership?
For Self Reviews
- What were your 3 biggest accomplishments this year, and how did they impact your team and overall company?
- What are 2-3 development areas that you feel could help your performance and grow your career? How do you plan on working towards these goals in the new year?
- How have you exemplified our core values in 2022?
For Peer Reviews
- How has your teammate exemplified our core values in 2022?
- Which core value does your teammate demonstrate the most, and why?
- How well does your teammate communicate?
2023 will be here before we know it, so are you ready to close out 2022? From keeping up with important payroll dates to evaluating employee engagement, confidently tackle year-end with our HR Checklist.
See how Namely's flexible solution will help you streamline your HR processes by having your people, payroll, and benefits info all in on place.Get a demo
You May Also Like
Get the latest news from Namely about HR, Payroll, and Benefits.
Thanks for subscribing!