Your Employee Engagement Calendar
Company milestones, birthdays, work anniversaries, and fun holidays—there’s always something to celebrate. Who says HR can’t be the life of the party? We’ve put together an employee engagement calendar of some serious (and not so serious) holidays you can celebrate in your workplace.
1/4 - Trivia Day
- Whip up some company trivia and see who knows your industry the best!
1/14 - Clean Off Your Desk Day
1/19 - Popcorn Day
1/22 - Hot Sauce Day
1/24 - Compliment Day
1/28 - Data Privacy Day
1/30 - Croissant Day
- Cater breakfast for the office with this French pastry favorite.
Month-long celebrations: Black History Month, American Heart Month
2/5 - Chocolate Fondue Day & Chinese New Year
2/9 - Bagel and Lox Day
- Carb lovers rejoice! Offering breakfast and bagels is a popular workplace perk.
2/11 - Clean Out Your Computer Day
2/14 - Valentine’s Day
2/17 - Random Act of Kindness Day
- Encourage employees to help each other out and share their good deeds on your company feed or on social media with a hashtag.
2/24 - Tortilla Chip Day
Month-long celebrations: National Disabilities Month, Women’s History Month
3/1 - World Compliment Day & Employee Appreciation Day
- Plan a company happy hour, give out awards, or host an open-mic all hands meeting so employees can thank their coworkers.
3/8 - International Women’s Day
- Celebrate and honor women’s achievements by having a speaker and networking event.
3/14 - Pi Day
3/17 - St. Patrick’s Day
3/23 - Puppy Day
- Partner with a local shelter to bring adoptable puppies into the office. Puppy playtime can brighten your employees days and a pup might even find its forever home.
3/25 - Waffle Day
Month-long celebrations: Financial Literacy Month, National Volunteer Month, Stress Awareness Month
4/1 - Fun at Work Day / April Fools
4/5 - Walk to Work Day
- Lace up your sneakers and encourage your employees to hoof it to work!
4/9 - Be Kind to Lawyers Day
- Hopefully, you’re kind to your lawyers every day, but here’s an excuse to give your legal team a little extra love!
4/12 - Grilled Cheese Day
4/14 - International Moment of Laughter Day
4/16 - Wear Pajamas to Work Day
4/20 - Look-Alike Day
- They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. Encourage employees to dress up as a teammate or coworker.
4/24 - Administrative Professionals Day
4/25 - Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
Month-long celebrations: Asian Pacific Heritage Month, Jewish American Heritage Month, Mental Health Awareness Month, National Bike Month
5/4 - The Kentucky Derby
5/5 - Cinco de Mayo
5/6 - National Nurses Day
5/17 - Pizza Party Day
- Pick up a pie for the team and chow down!
Month-long celebrations: National Safety Month, LGBT Pride Month, National Caribbean American Heritage Month
6/3 - Leave the Office Early Day
6/7 - National Doughnut Day
6/19 - Juneteenth
- Have a potluck lunch to celebrate freedom and equal rights in the United States.
6/14 - Bastille Day
6/21 - Take Your Dog to Work Day
7/1 - International Joke Day
7/4 - Independence Day
7/9 - Sugar Cookie Day
- Forget the beach body and order up some tasty cookies for the office.
7/21 - Ice Cream Day
- Cool off from the summer heat with a build-your-own sundae bar.
7/28 - Milk Chocolate Day
8/2 - Ice Cream Sandwich Day & International Beer Day
8/31 - Eat Outside Day
- Encourage your office to get some vitamin D by having a picnic outside if the weather permits!
Month-long celebrations: German American Heritage Month
9/3 to 9/7 - National Payroll Week
- Share fun payroll facts with your organization and teach them a thing or two about paychecks, withholding, and benefits.
9/10 - Swap Ideas Day
9/21 - National Clean Up Day
- Organize a Saturday volunteering squad to help clean up a local park, trail, beach, or mountain.
9/16 - Guacamole Day
9/30 - Hot Mulled Cider Day
Month-long celebrations: German American Heritage Month (cont.), National Cyber Security Awareness Month, National Disability Employment Awareness Month, National Work and Family Month, Polish American Heritage Month
10/1 - International Coffee Day
10/4 - Taco Day & World Smile Day
10/5 - Card Making Day
- Partner with a local children’s hospital to create fun cards for kids.
10/8 - Pierogi Day
10/16 - Boss’s Day
10/27 - American Beer Day
10/30 - Candy Corn Day
- With Halloween right around the corner, celebrate the spooky holiday with a candy and dessert bar.
10/31 - Halloween
11/3 - Sandwich Day
11/11 - Veterans Day
11/12 - Happy Hour Day
11/13 - World Kindness Day
11/28 - Thanksgiving
- Celebrate Thanksgiving with your work-family with an office potluck before the craziness of the holidays.
11/26 - Cake Day
11/30 - Computer Security Day
12/3 - Make a Gift Day
12/12 - Gingerbread House Day
12/20 - Sangria Day & Ugly Sweater Day
- Encourage everyone to sport a chunky and funky holiday sweater and host a hot cocoa happy hour.
12/26 - Thank You Note Day
Unfortunately, work can’t be all parties. Sure, you know the date of National Donut Day off the top of your head, but do you know when your company’s Form 941 is due? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our 2019 HR Calendar, so you’ll never miss a reporting deadline.
See how Namely's flexible solution will help you streamline your HR processes by having your people, payroll, and benefits info all in on place.Get a demo
You May Also Like
Get the latest news from Namely about HR, Payroll, and Benefits.
Thanks for subscribing!